Evening concerts in Palma's emblematic patios to mark Corpus Christi
It's the feast of Corpus Christi on 4th of June this year and as usual Palma council is putting on a series of free concerts in some of the city's most beautiful patios. It's a superb chance to visit these old courtyards in some of Palma's great houses and palaces and just sample the atmosphere as they are illuminated for the concerts.
There are ten concerts taking place – all free – from 27th May to the 7th June and covering a variety of musical styles. Attendance is limited but you can take a chance and turn up an hour before the start time of 21:00 or get your tickets in advance from;
Can Oms, C/de l’Almudaina 7, Mon – Fri, 9:30 – 13:30
Teatre Municipal Mar i Terra, C/de Sant Magí 89, Tue – Fri 18:30 – 21:00
There's a brochure and map available on PDF and as all the names are in Catalan on the programme and map, that's the language I've used for our synopsis of the concerts.
- 27th May, Antic Quarter d'Intendencia, Carrer de la Mar 3 - Soprano, castanets and piano trio – Spanish popular songs.
- 28th May, Palau March (photo). Carrer del Palau Reial 18 - Little Lion Trio – Bossa, Samba, Swing.
- 29th May, Museu de Mallorca, Carrer de la Portela 5 - Oboe and piano duo – classics
- 30th May, Claustre de Sant Francesc, Placa de Sant Francesc – Academia 1830 – classics
- 31st May, Collegi d'Arquitectes, Carrer de la Portela 14 – German Lied concert
- 3rd June, Centre d'Historia I Cultura Militar de les Balears, Carrer de Sant Miquel 69 – A Parisian Evening – French music
- 4th June, Centre de Cultura Sa Nostra, Carrer de la Concepcio 12 – Violin and piano duo – classics
- 5th June, Pati de la Misericordia, Placa de l'Hospital 4 – Palma Municipal Music Band – classics
- 6th June, Audiencia Provincial, Placa del Mercat 12 – Ensemble Lumiere – music from the films
- 7th June, Pati del Palau de la Almudaina, Carrer del Palau Reial 20 – Palma City Symphony Orchestra - classics
Sounds like a sophisticated way to spend an evening - fine music in interesting surroundings. See you there?